- Encounter your true valentine
    in Latin America

Ladies online: 81

‹‹Previous topic | Next topic››
  Reply to topic   Add a new topic
  Visa and Immigration :   FAQs about K-1 Visas Add to Favorite

Nathan

Posted: 19 Mar, 2008 21:20:28 Starter

K1 Visa FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) 1) Q: How long does the total process take? A: The length of time it takes to obtain a fiancee visa depends on the state in which you reside and the country in which your fiancee lives. Unlike other services who give you the time for the shortest possible combination just to get your business, we provide you with an honest and realistic estimate based upon your situation. We would rather lose your business than to mislead you and be dishonest just to get your business. Services that claim "shorter waiting periods" or "we know people at the USCIS who will help us to expedite the process" are misleading people. The fact is, nobody has any method or special way to get a petition approved ahead of other people who have also submitted their fiancee visa petitions. It is highly unethical to approve someone's application ahead of another person. There is NO preferential treatment given to anyone. You cannot even pay an additional fee to the USCIS to help expedite the process. Steer away from people who claim "shorter waiting periods" and give you unrealistic "promises". 2) Q: I do not meet the minimum income requirements. Are there any options available to me? A: Yes, if you can find a qualified co-sponsor, in most cases you can get around the income requirement. However, some U.S. Consulates such as Manila, Philippines will not accept a co-sponsor. The co-sponsor must be able to meet all the government抯 requirements just as though he or she were the sole sponsor. You must submit all your financial documents as well, even if they do show a low level of income.

Nathan

Posted: 21 Mar, 2008 13:35:08 # 1

3) Q: How long will it take you to begin working on my K-1 visa petition?
A: We begin working on your petition as soon as it arrives. We will review all of your information to make sure that we have everything required to file your K1 Visa petition. We will call you upon receipt to let you know how everything looks, and if there is anything missing.

4) Q: Can I marry my fiancee abroad, then still bring her to the USA on a K-1 Visa?
A: No, if you marry abroad you will have to then have to file a petition for Alien Spouse. In most cases, this is a longer process than the
K-1 Visa process.

5) Q: When I marry my fiancee while she抯 in the U.S.A. on the K-1 visa, will she have to return back home after we marry?
A: No. She will not have to leave the U.S. After marriage you will be required to apply for adjustment of status to permanent residency so that she can lawfully remain in the U.S.A.

Nathan

Posted: 21 Mar, 2008 13:36:51 # 2

6) Q: Can I petition for my Fiancee's children to come to United States as well?
A: Yes, any children under the age of 21 can accompany their parent to the USA as long as the child has not turned 21 prior to the interview at the U.S. Consulate.

7) Q: My fiancee is currently in the U.S.A. on the K-1 visa I obtained for her. We are not quite sure if we are ready to get married at this time. Can we extend the K-1 visa to allow us some additional time to decide what we want to do??
A: No. The K-1 Visa cannot be extended or changed. If you do not marrywithin 90 days of the K-1 Visa status, your fiancee will have to leave the U.S.A.

I hope this helps you all. If you have morw questions let me know.

Mike

Norwood, United States

Posted: 04 May, 2008 04:36:17 # 3

Thank you Nathan, can you tell me anything about the K-3 visa?
Mike.

douglas

PERRYSBURG , United States

Posted: 05 May, 2008 21:36:31 # 4

my name is doug.The uscis will tell you that 90 days you must marry her.This is with a k-1 visa.But in all truth there is no law stating this.I know A man that married his girl a year after she arived.I HAVE TALKED to the officers in uscis.they want you to marry in that time.But if you dont they do not deport her.I married a philippna girl.AFTer one year she ran off with a nother man.She used me in every way.My devorse went totaly my way.I proved all.And our goverment hasnt deported her.USCIS dont deport the people like they make you think they do.So beware people are people no matter what country you go too.Most of these girl are just like american women.AND BELIEVE ME,i spent 2 years of my life.LIVING ,around asaia look to find a good woman.They are there,but few and far between.

Nathan

Dalton, United States

Posted: 13 May, 2008 21:46:09 # 5

A k-1 Visa is ONLY GOOD FOR 90 DAYS. Can they stay longer yes. They are called Illegal aliens after the 90 days unless they extend or file some more papers.

You are right I will not chase after them I will wait for them to get in trouble.

K-3 Visa info will be posted once I have all of the new laws and costs on my desk.

Mike

Norwood, United States

Posted: 25 May, 2008 05:29:40 # 6

Thanks Nathen, can't wait to learn more.

JOSEPH

Victoria, United States

Posted: 22 Jun, 2008 00:49:52 # 7

Nathan,
Are you an Imigration attourney and if so how do we contact you for your services?

HaakonDesign

aurora, United States

Posted: 10 Jul, 2008 17:07:58 # 8

Doug: Your situation is very common. Partly because there is so much fear and anxiety as well as cultural differences. The American culture is very dynamic and high velocity for almost all of it's citizens. Depending of social-economic class a Asian woman my be disappointed and overwhelmed. There is no state medical,for instance. My former wife had a cow when i had a crown put in for only $450.00!! Also look to see if she has a passport from one of the approved countries where a visa is not necessary. Also there are tourist visas. Student visas if she wishes to pursue academics
I have know of many men who have had their wives leave them. Also we here sexualize everything and expectation between people revolve around that, Many Asian women that is not a high priority so misunderstanding evolves(although that is changing remember there may be a double standard at work here)their priority is financial and stable because in their country retirement is having children who support the elderly in their old age.

Patrick

Danville, United States

Posted: 22 Jul, 2008 22:25:05 # 9

Nathan, how do I find someone to help with entry paperwork for a Chinese bride? From your comments is this what you do, If so I would appreciate some contact information. Thanks

Nathan

Dalton, United States

Posted: 18 Sep, 2008 20:06:59 # 10

Patrick
While the company I work for I am on the Exporting side. Depending on where you live i can get you that offices number and they can help you further.

Also I am not always here on the site. Max and Joe can also help you.

‹‹Previous topic | Next topic››
Page 1 / 3      First | «Prev Next» | Last
Reply to topic   Add a new topic

Jump to:

Terms of UsePrivacy PolicyAnti-Scam PolicyRisk DisclosureTips & AdviceAffiliateChnLove AdvisorQpid SuccessAbout UsContact UsSite Map

Copyright © 1998-2014, Asia Maritus Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Best viewed with IE version 6.0 and above.