Ladies online: 100

‹‹Previous topic | Next topic››
  Reply to topic   Add a new topic
  Visa and Immigration :   Spouse visa for Australia Add to Favorite

shane

melbourne, Australia

Posted: 29 Dec, 2010 10:56:51 Starter

Seasons greetings one and all

My wife and I will soon lodge an application for a spouse visa in Shanghai and I'm wondering if there are any Aussies out there who've been through or are going through the process. While trawling the visa forms I have come across conflicting information regarding medical examinations for my wife and, possibly, her family. I assumed that, as my wife is the only one migrating, she would be the only one who would have to undergo the medical.

Appreciate anyone's past experiences in this area.

Robert

Boronia, Australia

Posted: 30 Dec, 2010 05:45:43 # 1

Shane, great another Melbournite if you cannot find enough info here jump over to chnlove.info as David E will be able to answer you as he has just done his in the last 3 months and the forms they keep a changing ha ha .

clayton

maitland, Australia

Posted: 03 Jan, 2011 11:41:07 # 2

Giday Shane, another Ausie here from York peninsular ,the other side of Adelaide.
To answer your question about Health checks, my wife to be and her daughter had to have certificates of health even though her daughter is not coming, I can tell you that it is a mine field of paper work and you need to be very careful to have your story the same as your wife, I got a couple of stories from the translator that were completely wrong and that did not help my fiance at her interview at all.Ill tell you something else to watch out for, the consulate sent two people out to confirm Yan's living arrangements and her work place, she wasn't there at the time so they asked a new girl at the dormitory about Yan and she did not know her so they went next door to her work place ,a jewelry shop,and asked the first person they saw (there are 20 women working there) about Yan and because they did not introduce themselves she said that Yan did not work here anymore, she did not tell them that she moved to a different department.
So with that info they went back to the consulate and said she did not live where she said and did not work where she said.
That my friends is what they based there decision on when they branded her a fraud and refused her visa. So the lesson learned here is that every one around your woman needs to know what's goin on ,my woman did not want to tell all of her work mates about me for fear of being ridiculed by the more conservative women.Anyway for us it is start again. I hope that gives you some idea of what to expect
Cheers

‹‹Previous topic | Next topic››
Reply to topic   Add a new topic

Jump to:

Terms of UsePrivacy PolicyAnti-Scam PolicyRisk DisclosureTips & AdviceAffiliateChnLove AdvisorQpid SuccessAbout UsContact UsSite Map

Copyright © 1998-2014, Asia Maritus Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Best viewed with IE version 6.0 and above.