• iDateAsia.com

- Date ladies from Southeast Asia for exotic relationships

Ladies online: 384
  • LatamDate.com

- Encounter your valentine from Latin America

Ladies online: 144

‹‹Previous topic | Next topic››
  Reply to topic   Add a new topic
  Ask An Experienced Member :   re- info shangai du pong airport Add to Favorite

joseph

manchester , United Kingdom

Posted: 05 Aug, 2009 14:01:13 Starter

hi and greetings to the brotherhood . I have a question for you all, i am flying out to wuhan, on the 28th sept 2009 and i want to No, I arrive into shangai aprrox 3 hrs before my connection into wuhan how easy is it to get from T1 to T2 (timewise) bearing in mind i shall have to go through customs and rebook in for my onward bound flight to wuhan my arrival time in shangai is 11am i look forward to any advice and info you can give me with regards joeswuhandream

Michael

St Agnes, United Kingdom

Posted: 07 Aug, 2009 05:52:18 # 1

No problem,
It is a 10-15 minute walk on the travelator.
Was in Shanghai and Wuhan in March 09

David

Haslett, United States

Posted: 07 Aug, 2009 14:28:17 # 2

Joe, I can't provide advivce but I am in some what the same boat. Can anyone provide the best method to plan the trip to China. It's easy to get to Shanghai, Beijing or Hong Kong. I need to get to Liuzhou and I am having difficulty arranging that leg of the trip. Help would be appreciated.

David

Haslett, United States

Posted: 09 Aug, 2009 16:18:59 # 3

Joe, I am in the final stages of planning my trip to Liuzhou from Chicago...I took the delay time into consideration and decided to stay one night in Shanghai before scheduling a departing flight the next day. Just a thought but like you after a 17 hour day from Chicago to Shanghai, I thought it would be important to wind down a little. Thats the way I'm looking at it anyway...good luck.

James

Honolulu, United States

Posted: 10 Aug, 2009 14:49:24 # 4

Hey Joe, you will have more then enough time to walk from T1 to T2, but it is a long walk, maybe 15-20 minutes. There are moving walkways, so it is not too bad. Before you arrive in Shanghai, try to have your entry/exit form filled out before you go to immigration, it will speed up the process. There are a lot of immigration agents, so it is not too bad. Once you get through immigration, pick up your bags and custom is really easy in Shanghai as long as you do not have to declare anything. I have travel to Wuhan twice this year and plan to move there on the 20th of Aug. If this is your first time in Wuhan, prepare yourself for an experience of a lifetime!!!

joseph

manchester , United Kingdom

Posted: 11 Aug, 2009 05:33:43 # 5

hello to everyone
thank-you michael for your input very much appreciated ,
tell me one more thing ,how quick and easy is it to get through immigration in shangai??? as we all no it can be time comsuming e.g very slow .
And finaly to the two davids,
i wish you both well with your travel arrangments and your persuit of happyness to china
with regards joeswuhandream

James

Honolulu, United States

Posted: 12 Aug, 2009 16:50:48 # 6

Joseph, you probably don抰 have to worry as long as you have all your documents in order. First, the airline will check your passport to see if your passport is not expired and if you have the correct visa to enter China. Second, if you can obtain the entry/exit form from the flight attendant, then fill it out before landing in Shanghai, you should be able to move through the immigration process very well. There are many immigration agents, so during my many visits to Shanghai, I have spent maybe 10-15 minutes getting through immigration. Don抰 worry it is easy.

David, you are doing the correct thing to stay in Shanghai over night. It Sound like this is your first time to Shanghai, so be careful planning this part of your adventure. There are hotels around the airport area, however if you are planning to stay in the Pudong district of Shanghai, then it is far and difficult to get around if you don抰 speak Chinese. If you want a simple hotel at a low cost, there is 揌otel 168 locate in the airport between terminals 1 and 2.

Good Luck to both of you

Michael

St Agnes, United Kingdom

Posted: 17 Aug, 2009 23:13:24 # 7

Joe, may I suggest that you stay in Shanghai for at least 2 or 3 nights before you go to Wuhan.
It seems a pity to not see and get a flavour of one of the major cities of China.
I stayed at the Hikers Hostel, very central. The hotels are rather expensive for what they are.It was a good place, much more interesting than a boring business hotel. You can meet fellow travellers and Chinese bohemians hang out there to get a wiff of the foriegn culture. The people that stay there are on the young side.

I was not blown away by Wuhan, theres not much there, but of course if you have a nice lady to see there then that will make all the difference.
I had a bad experience with two ladies there and was.

David

Haslett, United States

Posted: 26 Aug, 2009 13:21:44 # 8

James,
Thanks for the advice. Fortunately my nephew lives in Shanghai so I have a contact person. He speaks fluent Chinese so at least while I am there I shouldn't have any problems. It is my first trip to China and I am ultimately heading to Liuzhou. I plan to book my flight with China Eastern Air after I arrive in Shanghai since I will be staying in SH for a few days to decompress. Any additional tips you guys could give would be welcomed and appreciated. Be well all.

David

claus

vildbjerg/herning, Denmark

Posted: 17 Oct, 2009 15:06:24 # 9

well david
shanghai is a great city with lots to see..
personally i can recommend a trip to zoo..
It is a speciel experience to watch annimals in there.
It is close to Pudong airport and hotel 168
so if you like annimals, You really schould visit
Shanghai Zoo.

Claus

‹‹Previous topic | Next topic››
Reply to topic   Add a new topic

Jump to:

About UsNews & MediaTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyClient Protection PolicyTestimonial
Help & FAQsForumsContact UsChnlove AdvisorSite Map

Copyright © 1998-2014, Asia Maritus Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Best viewed with IE version 9.0 and above.